Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Be Careful What You

On February 2nd, 2009, a special cocktail, (shown below) was given to a mild mannered, average citizen who was happily married and living the good life. He was relaxed, happy, well fed, anxiously engaged in good works and enjoying his family and the daily activities of his life.

For visual proof of just how well-adjusted and happy this person was, please see the next picture. Recognize him? Yes, to many of you he is your dad. Notice the casual pose. Note there are no lines of stress in his face. He is relaxed and breathing in the flowers of life, even in the middle of a harsh winter with temperatures in the low teens. He is so happy there are green leaves on the trees and he only needs shirtsleeves in the middle of winter.



HOWEVER, WHEN HE WOKE ON THE MORNING OF FEBRUARY 3RD AND LOOKED IN THE MIRROR, THIS IS WHAT WAS LOOKING BACK AT HIM!!!!!!!!


I'm promised that I will return to normal on February 10th. In the meantime I am locked in the basement of our home being fed steak, chicken, lamb, copious amounts of spaghetti, delicious salads, fruit juices, home made bread and a variety of specially made treats that only radioactive people can eat. In addition, I have to sleep in, watch plenty of movies and read favorite books.

Honestly, the look isn't that bad. I'm getting used to it.

Love Dad

14 comments:

Aaron H. said...

Good post, Dad. Scrolling to the hulk made me laugh. Good thing it's winter when you have to go through this. I would think it would be harder to be cooped up if the sun was out and the grass was green.

Unknown said...

AAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
right back at ya daddy-o!
sounds like your tin cup isn't getting much of a workout.
any virtual chess or scrabble going on? Keeping up to date on your chidrens' blogging?
loved the post.
xoxoxo

Becky said...

LOVE.IT! Green? It's a good color on you. Glad you are being well taken care of during your time of isolation. I did hear that you snuck up to the table to play a game of scrabble with mom...I just hope she was wearing her radio-active protection suit while you were THAT close to her. (naughty)

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Mormon Monk said...

Mmmm. Lamb. I'd be willing to submit to all manner of foreign substances being introduced to my body if it meant lamb. Did I mention I really like lamb?

Oh well--someone's gotta do it. Hope your second drink goes well!

Joy said...

I love green, and movies and books etc. I'm sure you will get your fill! Loved hearing form you and I can't wait till July to see you. Look at tickets, beware we are all coming...can you handle it? Stay health for us :-)

Jo Jo said...

I didn't know the diet was that yummy! We were over here feeling sort of sorry for you over there locked up in the basement with nothing good to eat. Actually, you're probably sent to the basement not because of the radioactivity but because of how scary you look! And really, no matter how much you're glowing, we still love you.

shirlgirl said...

Loved the post. The diet you are on sounds pretty yummy to me, and especially the special treats. Have you heard any ticking yet? Hope you are feeling o.k. Thinking of you and sending our love. Shirley and David

Alana said...

You could always take a spin on the exercise bike down there dad :0) Don't enjoy confinement too much- Mom, the temple and the rest of us need you in good health.

Sean Lewis said...

We are glad to here you are doing better.

Adam and Anya said...

At the very least, know HOW MUCH I love you both! Where would I be without the Hutchins?

I went to a leadership meeting on Saturday and Sister Cook of the general Young Women's presidency asked us to think of a virtuous woman...That's you, Priscilla!

Thanks for the gospel.

Jeannette said...

Dad, I LOVE YOU!! I hope everything is going well and know that I pray for you oft:) Really, aside from the gruffy look:), your living the life! I think everyone could use a week to themselves, I know I sure could!
Oh yeah, guess what? I LOVE YOU!!!!

Amy M. said...

Yo Hutch-
That would be an intemidating look- but I know you and no matter what you look like- Just like the Hulk you have a strong and gentle side manner.
I hope you feel better soon- enjoy all of the goodies you get to eat.

Love from Amy and the Moe Family

Tina said...

So i realize i'm a little late here, but I'm glad you have the best wife ever and i have the best Mother ever to take such good care of you!! She makes us special!! Hope you're well by now, i'm jealous of the yum yums in your tummy!! MMmm, made my mouth drool!!
One last thing, thank you for being an example--what a GREAT attitude you have about all this. Perspective.
LOVE YOU!! Can't wait to see you in 4 MONTHS, I will hug your heart out!! :)
Mom--You too, can't wait to see you!! You're amazing and i wish i could've been there to hang out while Dad was eating. :)
<3 Tina