Thursday, July 9, 2009

A couple of things we did on July 4th - 2009

"My Dad said that this was the best seat for the fireworks show that would happen at dark"

Now follows a most handsome 14 year old, born on the fourth of July 1995 - Isn't he cute?

And now Hunter is taking the "traditional" bite out of the apple pie and icecream "cake"

that he requested him mom bake him.
What would the fourth be without a patriotic bunt cake???


Here is Alana reading to Gabe about Nascar racing



And now, the actual nascar races - held in Belmont at the temple home


Yes, she smoked him


Coming down the backstretch after a couple of pit stops

IT'S A PHOTO FINISH!!




























































7 comments:

Becky said...

Great job dad! So GOOD TO SEE YOU ON THE BLOG! :) Can I help you with your spacing issues? Go back into "edit" mode and delete the spaces at the bottom of the post so that there isn't so much dead space. Can we have more?

The Mormon Monk said...

I would just like to note that I did not in fact get smoked--I don't even think I lost that day!

Unknown said...

Hooray! Happy pictures, happy blog, happy FANS!
XO

Joy said...

Yeah I love see photos of everyone! We a sad we are not there this weekend.

shirlgirl said...

Nice to see you back on the blog. Looks like everyone had fun.

Jo Jo said...

It's always fun to see everybody elses pictures. And, not having been invited to the NASCAR, it's fun to see such a photo finish ;-)

Alana said...

cute post dad. We already miss you guys. Who knows, maybe next July 4th we'll be moving closer to your part of the world. (I'm crossing my fingers)