Thursday, January 17, 2008

"FLY IN BUFFET"



We've been avid bird feeders for some years. We have a large feeder on the porch in front of our house and an in the window feeder in our bedroom where we can watch the birds that come up-close through a one-way glass.



A few weeks ago, after one of the many snow storms we've had this year, I looked out our front window and there perched on the railing of our stairs was a red tailed hawk feasting on what I think was a little chickadee.


I ran for the camera and this is one of the shots I took.


This takes bird feeding to a whole new level. A bird is feeding on the birds I'm feeding at the bird feeder.

The hawk has been back a few times and sits on the same railing, but I haven't caught him having dinner again yet. I guess when you find a good buffet, you go back often!


I think he's a republican. If he was a democrat he would have put up a sign saying "free lunch" and eaten the seeds at the feeder with the other birds and sang cumbayah.



3 comments:

Jo Jo said...

I bet it tasted like chicken! The chickadee, that is. It's a great picture. It will be fun to maybe someday see the one-way window. Keep looking for last year's Christmas present, it will be a great addition to your bird paraphernalia. Amy Jo P.S. I'm thrilled you're a blogger, I knew you'd do it after me :-)

Becky said...

Kaleb totally loved this picture. (in his words, "that's really gross but kinda cool") I still think you need to submit this picture somewhere - it's a winner. Love, Becky

DainBramage said...

Magnificent photo! Great job capturing the moment.